Not Your Typical Date Night - 14 February
- Duration: 75 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Pukeatua, Waikato
- Product code: SMMNYTDN14FEB
We're very excited to share with you this one-off special event for Valentine's Day. A fun, informative, entertaining guided tour with an 'adults only' twist that explores courtship styles of Aotearoa's (NZ's) biological world.
Curious about what your dating style and 'love language' are?
Well, maybe some inspiration from nature can help:
- These animals use song to attract
a mate during the breeding season and call to
keep in contact throughout the day.
- Like humans, these creatures leave a trail of their scent to
locate each other and attract a mate.
- These animals flirt by puffing themselves up and
strutting in front of their potential mate.
- These animals like to spoil their partners by giving gifts!
Find out which animals mate for life (although divorces can and do happen!) and hear about the love stories of some of the resident wildlife at Sanctuary Mountain.
This 75-minute tour comes with a complimentary Sanctuary Explorer Pass, and to make the most out of your evening has an optional picnic hamper available to purchase good for 2 people for only $60.
Not only will you learn cool facts about local wildlife throughout this tour, but you will also help their survival by supporting our conservation
- Suitable for 18yrs and older.
- Please report to the Manu Tioriori visitor centre by 5.00pm for the briefing prior to the start of the tour.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and bring a light jacket as the forest can be cool in the evening.
- Picnic hampers are available for an add-on purchase of only $60 per couple. BYO picnic blanket.
- Hampers must be booked at least 48 hours in advance.
- Please let us know your special dietary requirements by filling in the online form when booking the tour.
- Hampers are made by a local cafe and include the following items;
Oriental platter (samosas, wontons, spring rolls, and dipping sauces), smoked salmon bites, sausage rolls, fruit kebabs, and sparkling juices.