Teacher Professional Development Day
- 期間: 5 時間 (約)
- 所在地: Pukeatua, Waikato
- 製品コード: SMMTW
Experience the joy that being in nature brings and embrace the ngahere to grow your knowledge about New Zealand's unique biodiversity and how you can integrate this into your daily curriculum.
Led by experienced educators, this conservation education and biodiversity teacher professional development day will give you the opportunity to:
- Participate in hands-on, biodiversity activities that you can use in your own classroom.
- Grow confidence in integrating conservation education and biodiversity into your programmes of learning.
- Learn about and experience the unique biodiversity living in the protected forest on Maungatautari.
- Learn about what's on offer at Sanctuary Mountain Maungatautari.
- Leave inspired and equipped with practical resources to teach quality conservation education units.
Where: Sanctuary Mountain Maungatautari - Meet outside the visitor centre at 99 Tari Road, Pukeatua.
When: Friday, September 16th, 2022
Time: 9:15am - 2:30pm
Who: Open to teachers from registered schools in the Waikato region.
Limited to 25 spaces.
Registrations close by Friday, August 29th.
Morning tea provided.
Participants will need to bring along a packed lunch.
Please note: You are invited to continue to explore Te Tūī a Tāne (southern enclosure), our showcase site within the forest ecosystem on Maungatautari after the workshop has finished. There are 5km of tracks to explore within the southern enclosure.
Download our brochure (pdf).
For more information, contact:
Tali Jellyman (Education Team Leader, Sanctuary Mountain)
P: 027 529 8367
Tash Kingsford (DOC Community Ranger)
P: 027 284 8543