Locals' Day Sanctuary Explorer Pass
- Duration: 180 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Pukeatua
- Product code: SMMLDSEP
Nau mai rā, we welcome locals to visit our showcase southern enclosure Te Tūī a Tāne for a gold coin donation, koha on Saturday 15th July 2023. As part of Matariki celebrations, we invite our Waikato whānau, our extended family, to share the mana and mauri (prestige and life force) of Sanctuary Mountain Maungatautari. It's going to be a great day out for the family.
If you haven’t visited before, you’ll be amazed at the sounds of the forest and the rich biodiversity over 5 km of wide, metaled walking tracks. Our sanctuary is accessible to active walkers (stroller friendly) and there are seats along the way for watchful resting.
- Manu Tioriori, visitor centre will be open from 9am - check in during the arrival time you have booked against and receive your visitor guide and map here!
- Soup and bread rolls will be for sale at the visitor centre from 11am
- Hot drinks, cold drinks, ice creams and snacks also available in the visitor centre
- Browse our wonderful retail space
- Our new Manu Korokii Education Centre will also be open with family-friendly activities including art activities with local artists joined by our educators
- Hear about what Sanctuary Mountain Maungatautari has been doing in the conservation space, on the hour from 10am in the Manu Korokii Education Centre (10-15min presentations)
- Explore Te Tūī a Tāne (southern enclosure) and listen to the beautiful sounds of taonga puoro (traditional instruments)
Bookings are essential with valid ID and address required at check-in. There are limited spaces with 3 sessions (9-11am, 11am-1pm or 1-3pm) and 100 passes available per session.
Your Locals' Day Sanctuary Explorer Pass is for entry to Te Tūī a Tāne southern enclosure, and your koha helps us maintain the facilities including the viewing tower, paths and signage, as well as support our conservation mahi in this very special place.
The pass is valid for 15 July 2023 only and be sure to check-in within your allocated 2 hour time frame.
* Available for permanent Waikato residents only. Current ID and address verification is required to be presented upon check-in:
Current ID: either a NZ Driver's License / Passport or a NZ Supergold / Community Services / Student ID card.
Proof of address: such as phone / rates / utility account or bank statement with your name and address.
Visitors outside the Waikato region, are also welcome on this day please book online.
Opening hours: 9:00am - 4:00pm daily.
Standard booking terms and conditions apply